Want to keep in touch (in realtime) while never losing focus of your favorite daw?
1. Download (& install) plugin:
2. In Renoise, go to:
Help > Visit the community chatroom…
3. On the new popup, click “more options”.
4. Configure panel as follows:
- server: irc.alphachat.net
- port: 6667
- channel: #testchannel
- username: testname
- realname: testname
- nickname: testname
(NOTE: “testchannel” & “testname” could be replaced with your own values.)
5. Check “Show-status window” & then connect.
6. To simulate chat, point a web browser to:
7. From the top of the page, filter by channel name (e.g. testchannel) & login with a new unique user name (e.g. testname2).
8. Type a message (& see it appear in renoise!)
….a few side notes.
IRC works by a user connecting to a server & then joining a channel (or room).
To connect to one of these servers, you can use your browser (as we did above), or a standalone client app. Am currently trying out the free LimeChat, though Textual also seems cool (as a paid alternative).
After you’ve decided upon a client, you have to find a server (address) to connect to. Tried using FreeNode, but it stopped working after attempting to login from multiple clients simultaneously. Debated investigating further, but then tried AlphaChat which worked immediately.